Etihad Sustainability Solutions
Buildings that are designed or operated to have a lower environmental impact over their entire lifetime, while providing comfort, durability and functionality for occupants are defined as Sustainable Buildings. Following are some of the benefits of targeting and achieving LEED Certification for new and existing buildings:
- Achieve continuous progress toward a better building performance
- Achieve higher occupant satisfaction
- Helps in setting building performance and occupant satisfaction goals
- Tracks performance data then translates it into a tangible, actionable score for implementing strategies to achieve performance goals
- Demonstrate your building’s commitment to sustainability and occupant satisfaction
- Educate occupants & visitors on the importance of sustainability measures and real time sustainability performance of the building
- Helps identifying policies that will reduce resources consumption and operating costs
With regards to the Sustainability services, Etihad ES can facilitate the Design, Construction and Facility Management teams in achieving the building’s Sustainability objectives including Green Building Certifications such as LEED, Al Sa’fat, etc.
In cases of new construction projects not having any Sustainability objectives, Etihad ES can still assist the design team by reviewing the design documents for optimizing the Energy and Water consumption of the building.
Etihad ES are also the exclusive providers of “Arc” in the UAE. Arc is a digital platform developed by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) that uses real time data to help buildings, cities and communities measure and improve sustainability performance.
The following Sustainability services are offered for all building types at different stages of a building:
- Facilitating project design teams to comply with requirements of the targeted Green Building Rating System (LEED, Al Sa’fat, etc.).
- Reviewing project design documents to optimize the building’s energy and water consumption.
- Carrying out Independent Commissioning Verification activities to ensure that the energy and water related systems are being designed and specified to meet the owner’s project requirements.
- Facilitating project construction team to comply with requirements of the targeted Green Building Rating System (LEED, Al Sa’fat, etc.).
- Carrying out Independent Commissioning Verification activities to ensure that the building’s energy and water related systems have been tested and are performing as per the design.
- Facilitating with registration and implementation of Arc digital platform.
- Carrying out LEED Gap Analysis to gauge a building’s potential to achieve LEED certification.
- Facilitating the facility management team in complying with LEED requirements to achieve LEED certification.
- Providing associated services such as Energy Auditing and Retro-commissioning for achieving LEED certification.