Certified EnerGY MANager (CEM)
Next Session: 12-15 Sep 2021 | Exam: 25 Sep 2021 5 days + 1/2 Day Exam British University in Dubai(BUID)
The Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification provides an in-depth, comprehensive learning and problem-solving forum for those seeking a broader understanding of the latest energy cost reduction techniques and strategies.
The program examines the basic fundamentals within all key areas of energy management as well as “working level” knowledge of the specific principles and techniques needed to really get the job done. You will gain the knowledge and confidence to effectively apply state-of-the-art principles of energy management, and to achieve control over energy costs in your organization.
CEM is a key requirement for ESCO and Energy Auditor accreditation by RSB Dubai.
Section I – (Mandatory)
Energy Accounting & Economics
Section II – (Mandatory)
Energy Audits & Instrumentation
Candidates should choose 9 of the remaining 13 sections for the exam
- Electrical Systems
- Heating, Ventilating, & Air Conditioning Systems
- Motor & Drive Systems
- Industrial Systems
- Building Envelope
- Combined Heat & Power Systems & Renewable Energy Systems
- Building Automation Systems
- Control Systems
- Thermal Energy Storage Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Boiler & Steam Systems
- Maintenance & Building Commissioning
- Financing, Performance Contracts, Measurement & Verification
Each applicant for the CEM certification is required to attend AEE’s Four-day “Certified Energy Manager” training program in order to sit for the exam. Prior to sitting for the exam, each candidate must complete an application. Each candidate must also pass the four-hour written exam as well as meet one of the following criteria:
|4 year degree from an accredited university or college in engineering or architecture or be a registered professional engineer (P.E.), or registered architect (R.A.)||AND||At least 3 years of experience in energy engineering or energy management|
|4 year degree in technology, environmental science, physics or earth science||AND||At least 4 years experience in energy engineering or energy management|
|4 year degree in business||AND||At least 5 years experience in energy engineering and energy management|
|2 year energy management associate’s degree||AND||At least 6 years experience in energy engineering or energy management|
|2 year technical associate’s degree||AND||At least 8 years of experience in energy engineering and energy management|
|No degree||AND||At least 10 years of experience in energy engineering and energy management|
- Register for the CEM Training Program
- Submit your completed application (4 page application, employment verification and/or client verification and college transcripts). Your application must be received by the Administrator at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the examination for which you wish to sit.
- Attend the Training and sit for the exam
For information on maintaining your certification, please visit the AEE Certification Renewal webpage.
- Energy managers
- Energy engineers and consultants
- Facility managers and engineers
- ESCO professionals
- Energy auditors